The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection(IBPS) is one of the main organizations which organizes the exams of Bank PO every year. If anyone wants to make a career in the Bank then this is the golden opportunity to become a PO of a Bank. So the Exam notification of 2020 is out and in this post, we’ll give you every information related to IBPS PO exam 2020 whether its exam pattern, exam date, syllabus, etc.
IBPS PO Exam Date
All exam and important dates for IBPS PO is mention below:-
- Release date of official IBPS PO notification- August
- Online applications for the exams starts from- August
- Online applications for the exams end on- September
- Pre-exam Training of IBPS PO starts in- September
- Admit Card for Preliminary IBPS Release in- End of September or First week of October
- Exam Date of Preliminary IBPS PO Exam- 3, 4 and 10 October.
- Result Date of Preliminary IBPS PO Exam- October/November
- Exam Date of Mains IBPS PO- 21 November
- Result Date of Mains IBPS PO- December
- Interview conduction for IBPS Po- January or February 2021
- Provisional Allotment For IBPS PO- April 2021
Also Read: IBPS Clerk Recruitment
IBPS PO 2020 Vacancies
Almost 20 lakhs people give the exam of IBPS 2020 every year. The official notification of vacancies from the side of IBPS will be released in the first week of August. But according to us, there will be around 5000+ vacant post for the position of PO(Probationary Officers) and MT(Management Trainees)
Eligibility Criteria IBPS PO
- Applicants should have a graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.
- Applicants must have the basic knowledge of computers because the exam of IBPS PO also held online.
- Applicants should be able to read and write the official language of a state/UT
- Applicants applying for the IBPS PO should be one of the following-
- Applicants should be a citizen of India
- Applicants should be a subject of Bhutan or Nepal
- The refugee of Tibet who came in India before 1 January 1962
- Migrated persons from Pakistan, Vietnam, Burma, Sri Lanka, or East African countries of Kenya, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire with the intention of permanent settlement in India.
Applicants who belong from the 2, 3 and 4 category should have the certificate of eligibility issued by the Govt of India in their favor.
- Age of applicants should be in between 20 to 30
- Applicants who belong from SC and ST will get an age relaxation of 5 years.
- Applicants who belong from OBC will get an age relaxation of 3 years.
- Applicants who belong to PWD(Person with Disabilities) will get an age relaxation of 10 years.
- Ex-servicemen of the Army will get an age relaxation of 5 Years.
- Women who are Widows or Divorced will get an age relaxation of 9 years.
- Applicants who have the domicile of J&K during the period of 1-1-1980 to 31-12-1989 will get an age relaxation of 5 years.
- Applicants who were affected by the Riots of 1984 will get an age relaxation of 5 years.
Application Fee of IBPS PO 2020
Applicants need to pay application fees online, the application fee is non-refundable. The categorized application fee is mentioned below-
- The application fee for SC/ST/PWD is 100 Rs.
- The application fee for generals and other is 600 Rs.
Exam Pattern of IBPS 2020
IBPS conducts two Exams for the post of PO. First is preliminary and second is mains and after clearing both exams you also need to give an interview.
Exam pattern of Preliminary exam of IBPS PO
Preliminary Exam of IBPS has three sections with a total of 1oo marks and you will get 20 min for each section. You’ll also get a deduction of 0.25 marks if you give any wrong answer and if you want to qualify for the mains of IBPS PO then you need to clear the cut off of all three sections.
Exam pattern of Mains exam of IBPS PO
Mains Exam of IBPS has a 5(4+1) section with a total of 225(200+25) marks. and you will get 210 min(180+30) to solve the Question paper. You’ll also get a deduction of 0.25 marks if you give any wrong answer. The mains of IBPS also conducted online and if you want to appear for an interview then you need to clear both prelim and main exams.
|1||CA(Computer aptitude) and Reasoning||45||60||60|
|3||Interpretation and Data Analysis||35||60||45|
|4||Banking Awareness and General Economy||40||40||35|
|5||English(Essay and letter Writing)||2||25||30|
The Interview of IBPS PO
The applicants who cleared both exams prelim and mains will appear for the interview. The interview is of 100n marks and to qualify applicants needs to score at least 40% but applicants who belong from SC/OBC/ST/PWD have to score at least 35%. The interview will be taken by the panel of Bank Official where they will ask you questions related to general awareness, baking sector, Current affairs, etc. Generally, the interview will take 15-20 min.
The final merit list will be prepared on the basis of the exam and interview marks. The final marks were calculated by the IBPS. The weightage for the final merit list of the main exam and interview is in the ratio of 80:20.
IBPS PO 2020 Syllabus
Syllabus of IBPS is different for both exams and the syllabus for both exams is mention below:-
Syllabus for prelims IBPS
|Reasoning||Data Sufficiency, Puzzle, Syllogism, Input-Output, Coding-Decoding, Blood Relations, Seating Arrangement, Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test, Logical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning|
|Arithmetic||Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Surds, Indices, Mensuration – Cone, Sphere, Cylinder, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage, Permutation, Combination, Mixtures & Alligations, Probability, Simplification, Profit & Loss, Work & Time, Data Interpretation, Number Systems|
|English||Paragraph Completion, Para jumbles, Multiple Meaning / Error Spotting, Cloze Test, Fill in the blanks, Reading Comprehension,|
Syllabus for Mains IBPS
|Aptitude Test||Ratio and Percentage, Quadratic Equation, Profit and Loss, Linear Equation, Mixture and Allegations, Simplification, Percentage, Data Interpretation, Problems of Ages, Mensuration and Geometry, Speed, Distance and Time, Time and Work, Permutation and Combination, And Probability|
|GA(General Awareness)||General Knowledge, Financial Awareness and Current Affairs|
|Reasoning Ability||Coded Inequalities, Data Sufficiency, Directions and Distances, Input-Output, Double Lineup, Circular, Seating Arrangement, Verbal Reasoning, Syllogism, Linear Seating Arrangement, Scheduling, Blood Relations, Ordering, and Ranking, Coding, and Decoding|
|Computer||Computer Fundamentals /Terminologies, Internet, Networking, Computer Software, Microsoft Office, Keyboard Shortcuts, Operating System, Computer Hardware, Computer Abbreviation|
|English||Verbal Ability and Grammer|
Preparation of IBPS PO 2020
Applicants who want to clear the exam of IBPS PO must study in a proper and systematic manner. You should also be aware of exam patterns and the latest syllabus. That’s why we have provided you with the latest pattern and syllabus of IBPS PO.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Btech students also give the IBPS PO Exam?
Yes, Btech students can also give the exam of IBPS PO.
Is the IBPS PO Exam contains negative marking?
Yes, the exam contains a negative marking of 0.25 on every wrong question.
Is there any minimum percentage required in the graduation for the IBPS exam?
No there is no minimum percentage required, you just need to be graduated.
How many vacancies are going to be released this year?
Last year IBPS released 4336 vacancies for the PO and this year IBPS can release around 5000 vacancies. It will be confirmed when IBPS releases his official notification in august.