If you have EBT benefits, you may be eligible to get a free tablet with EBT benefits and data plan through the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). In this article, we will discuss the eligibility criteria and the process to claim your free tablet. We’ve researched two companies that offer completely free tablets to EBT users, and we’ll delve into the details to help you make an informed decision. So without any further delay, let’s get started.
Understanding the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
The ACP is a government program that aims to provide affordable communication services to low-income individuals. If you are an EBT recipient, you automatically qualify for the ACP, which not only offers free cell phone service but also extends to tablets and other devices. Additionally, the ACP provides a one-time $100 discount to help you purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from a participating provider. Now let’s see how to get a free tablet with EBT benefits.
How to Get a Free Tablet with EBT Benefits
While there are several providers that offer tablets for a discounted price under the ACP, we’ve found two companies that stand out by providing tablets for free along with a free data plan.
You Can Also Read About: How to Get Assurance Wireless Free Tablet 2023: A Legitimate Guide
1. Moolah Wireless
Moolah Wireless offers a tablet comparable to a Samsung Galaxy Tab A8. The tablet features a 10-inch screen, a 32GB storage capacity, and an 8-megapixel camera with image stabilization and zoom capabilities. The tablet and charger are provided to you for free by Moolah Wireless.
However, there is a catch. To avail of the free tablet, you must opt into the third-party service called Moolah Mobile. Moolah Mobile makes money by pre-installing apps on your tablet, for which developers pay them. These pre-installed apps might consume your data in the background, collect data without your knowledge, or cause other issues with your device. Additionally, you may receive personalized advertisements on your home and lock screens. While Moolah Mobile offers rewards in the form of points that can be redeemed for gift cards and other benefits, it’s essential to consider the implications before proceeding.
2. Cathect Communications
Cathect Communications also participates in the ACP program and offers a free tablet. Their tablet comes with an 8-inch display and a 32GB storage capacity, featuring an 8-megapixel camera. However, it lacks some of the advanced features offered by Moolah Wireless, such as image stabilization and zoom capabilities.
Cathect Communications does not pre-install any software or require you to use specific apps on the device, unlike Moolah Mobile. However, details about how Cathect covers the $10 fee required by the ACP remain unclear. The program includes 20GB of free data, but to get more data, you need to reach out to the company via chat or customer service, which could lead to service interruptions lasting up to 24 hours.
Now that you are aware of the companies that provide free tablets with EBT benefits, let’s have a look at the eligibility criteria for the free tablet. To be eligible for a free tablet through the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) as an EBT recipient, applicants generally need to meet the following criteria:
- Program Enrollment: Enrolled in government assistance programs like SNAP or Medicaid.
- Income Level: Have an income at or below a certain level, typically 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Nationality: Be a U.S. citizen or a legal resident.
- Age: There may be age requirements, typically 18 years or older unless specified by the individual assistance program.
- Additional Criteria: Additional criteria may apply depending on individual state regulations and specific program requirements
How to Get a Free Tablet with EBT Benefits: Application Process
To apply for a free tablet and data plan through the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), follow the steps below:
- Research Providers: Research and select a suitable provider participating in the ACP. Consider Moolah Wireless, Cathect Communications, or other providers as per your preference.
- Visit Official Website or Contact Local Agency: Go to the official website of the selected provider or ACP or contact your local social services agency to understand the specific application process and eligibility requirements.
- Complete Application Form: Fill out the application form available on the provider’s website or the ACP’s official website, providing all necessary details accurately.
- Submit Required Documentation: Submit required documentation to prove eligibility, such as proof of enrollment in a qualifying program, proof of income, proof of legal residency or citizenship, etc.
- Review Terms and Conditions: Carefully review the terms and conditions, privacy policies, and any legal disclaimers and limitations associated with the offer.
- Wait for Approval: After submitting the application and required documents, wait for approval from the provider or the ACP.
- Follow Additional Instructions: Once approved, follow any additional instructions provided by the provider to receive your free tablet and data plan.
Making an Informed Decision
Before proceeding to claim a free tablet, it’s essential to consider the pros and cons of each offer. While Moolah Wireless provides a more feature-rich tablet, you must be comfortable with the third-party service’s data collection and personalized ads. On the other hand, Cathect Communications offers a more straightforward approach, but the data refresh process might be inconvenient for some users.
Remember, you can only claim one free tablet offer, so choose wisely based on your preferences and requirements. If you’re not comfortable with any of these options, consider exploring other avenues, such as charitable organizations that provide free computers, laptops, and tablets regardless of EBT eligibility.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Who qualifies for a free tablet with EBT benefits?
Individuals or households enrolled in government assistance programs like SNAP or Medicaid may be eligible for free tablets through specific connectivity programs.
How can I apply for a free tablet with my EBT benefits?
To apply, visit the official website of the connectivity program or contact your local social services agency to learn about the application process and eligibility requirements.
What features can I expect in the free tablet provided?
The tablets offered through EBT benefits programs often come with essential features such as internet connectivity, pre-installed educational apps, and user-friendly interfaces.
Are there any additional costs or obligations associated with the free tablet?
In most cases, the tablets are provided at no cost, but some programs may have limited-time offers or require users to fulfill certain criteria to retain ownership. Always check the program’s terms and conditions for any obligations.
In a nutshell, it is possible to get a free tablet with EBT benefits through the Affordable Connectivity Program. We’ve discussed two companies that offer free tablets and data plans to eligible users. Before proceeding, carefully review the terms and conditions of each offer to ensure it aligns with your preferences and data usage habits.
If you’re ready to claim your free tablet, follow the provided instructions for the chosen provider. Remember that staying informed is crucial, and there are other options available if these offers don’t suit your needs. Make the best decision for yourself and enjoy your new tablet!