Table of Content
WB Student Credit Card Scheme
West Bengal government has recently announced the WB Student Credit Card Scheme 2021 for the students of state. The aim of the scheme is to provide loan to the students for their higher studies, the loan up to rupees 10 lakh will be provided. Those students who intends to pursue their higher education and need the loan for the same can apply for the west Bengal Student Credit Card as per the rules.
The time duration of 15 years will be given to the students to pay the loan. The interest rate will be very low that is only 4% at present, this scheme is the part of “Arthik Shujog, Shobol Jubo” initiative. The government aims to provide a loan to 1.5 crore students over the next 5 years. The complete information along with registration process of WB Student Credit Card Scheme 2021 has been provided in this article you are suggested to have a look.
|Scheme Name||WB Student Credit Card Scheme|
|Beneficiaries||Students of WB state|
|Beneficiaries Count||1.5 crore|
|Launch Date||30 June 2021|
|Loan Amount||Up to ten lakhs|
|Rate of Interest||4%|
|Applicable Courses||Higher education|
|Age Limit||40 years|
On June 30, 2021, WB CM announced the WB student credit card scheme. In the first 09 days, 25,847 students applied for the programs. Out of those applicants, 5,899 are pursuing their education outside of Bengal. Till July 09 2021, 16,384 male students and 9,461 female students have applied for this loan. Students will not be required to submit an assurance to obtain a loan, which is a completely collateral-free loan. This loan can be used to purchase laptops, books, pay tuition fees, or cover boarding costs for students.
Under the scheme, banks will grant loans for higher education and certificate courses at a 4% annual interest rate. Moreover, the loan is paid during the study period, than a bank will reduce such interest. The loan will be sanction to approximately 25847 students. For this, the government will spend Rs 1355 crores. Students can apply for this loan easily by providing admission letter and other supporting documents. Loans are available via this program for various competitive exams, including Neet, JEE, and civil services. However, it must be noted that students are not allowed to use this loan amount for the already paid fees.
Students can get the benefit of WB Student Credit Card Scheme till they reach the age of 40. Students must repay the amount of loan with intertest within 15 years after getting employment. It’s also worth noting that the loan application process is very simple, easy and fast. Students can also apply for a credit card by filling out an online application. The West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme became live on June 30, 2021. Those who want to apply for the scheme can apply as per the rules.
Other West Bengal Schemes
|West Bengal Sahayata Kendra 2021 [BSK]|
|West Bengal Didi Ke Bolo Portal|
|West Bengal Marriage Certificate Online Registration|
|West Bengal Karmai Dharma Scheme|
Features Of WB Student Credit Card Scheme 2021
- The West Bengal Student, Credit Card Scheme was announced and introduced by the chief minister of WB Mamata Banerjee.
- Students will be able to get the loan of up to Rs 10 lakh under this scheme.
- The scheme was started on 30 June 2021.
- Students are eligible to get the loan for their higher studies and the other courses stated by the government.
- Interest rate under the scheme is very low, that is 4% only.
- The credit card will be issued to the students to get the loan.
- The amount can be easily withdrawal by using this credit card.
- The WB Student Credit Card Scheme is open to all living in the WB for the last few years.
- The government will sanction the loan for both India and foreign studies.
- The maximum age to apply for the scheme is years.
- Students require to repay the loan after years of getting the job.
Eligibility Criteria For West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme
- Applicants must be a citizen of WB and have spent at least 10 years in the state.
- The scheme is available for the higher studies for undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral and post-doctoral study in India and outside India.
- The age of the applicants should not be more than 40 years.
- Students require to pay the loan after 15 years of getting the placement.
|AP YSR Zero Interest Loan Scheme 2021|
|Karnataka Crop Loan Waiver Status Scheme 2021|
|Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme: Get Subsidy On Home Loan|
|Street Vendor Loan Yojana|
|Kisan क्रेडिट Card Yojana|
|AP Subsidy Loan|
Registration Process For WB Student Credit Card Scheme 2021
- Open the official website of the Department of Higher Education, Government of West Bengal.
- On the right side of the home page, you have to press the “student credit card” link.
- After going to the next page press on the “student registration” link visible on the top right of the home page.
- You will get the complete WB Student Credit Card registration form as shown below.
- Fill in every detail correctly and error-free; after filling the form, press on the “Register” link.
- Now go back to the home page and press on the “student login” link.
- Enter the “Applicant ID,” “Password,” and log in to your account.
- Now you will be logged in to the account and apply for the student loan as per the rules.
To check all the latest updates please stay connected with us.
Other Banking Articles