Table of Content
TN Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme 2021
The Tamil Nadu government is planning to introduce the TN Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme 2021, which would help women maintain better menstrual hygiene. Very financially not strong women in metropolitan areas are the primary focus of, and they are provided with free sanitary napkins. The proposal made by the Director of Public Health and Preventive Medicine for the benefit of women in the state was taken into consideration by the state administration. Learn more about the scheme’s additional aspects, which will make it easier for those who want to take benefit the Tamil Nadu Women Menstrual Hygiene Program.
|scheme Name||TN Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme 2021|
|Beneficiaries||Women of TN state|
|Benefits||Free Sanitary Pads|
|Total Budget of scheme||INR.44.15 crores|
|Department||Director of Public Health and Preventive Medicine|
Scheme For Farmers
Eligibility Criteria For The TN Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme 2021
- The scheme will be only available for females, and they must be permanent residents of the state.
- The income of the family must not be more than the specified limit decided by the government.
- The scheme is available for females who falls under the age group of 10 to 49 years.
Important Details of TN Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme 2021
- According to the Tamil Nadu Free Sanitary Pad Scheme guidelines, the sanitary pads would be distributed directly to public schools for distribution to female students.
- An urban nurse would write a letter of acknowledgement from the health department following the distribution.
- Every Saturday, the health nurses in the urban area were tasked with visiting the ICDS alongside Anganwadi staff to ensure that the program’s objectives were met.
- Girls who are not enrolled in school will be provided with health kits by Urban Health Nurses and Anganwadi workers who distribute Pads to them.
- Additionally, the kits will be distributed to postnatal mothers by the healthcare providers.
- The initiative mentioned above in Tamil Nadu will cover over 1,000 health centres in major cities and other educational institutions.
- Aadhar card
- Income certificate
- ID proof for residential proof
Dignity Kits in Free Sanitary Napkin
In Tamilnadu, the state government will provide Dignity Kits Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme. Each dignity kit would include feminine hygiene and sanitary products, and other things to meet the specific needs of women and girls of reproductive age in particular communities. This Tamil Nadu Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme is already in operation in rural areas. It is now being expanded to include those in need in urban areas as part of an ongoing expansion. This would make sure that people living in urban areas have access to a basic level of hygiene.
Scholarship Scheme 2021