State Bank of India is an entity which conducts exams for the recruitment of clerks and probationary officers to work in various branches of the bank across the globe. SBI PO
The probation period for the newly selected graduates for probationary officers is of a time span of two years or if the candidate breaches the contract then he has to pay a sum of 30 lakhs to the bank.
The examination for a probationary officer is conducted in three phases i.e.-
Responsibilities of a Probationary Officer in SBI
- Till the completion of 2 years probation period the selected candidate is asked to perform almost every kind of bank-related activities within the branch.
- During the period of training, the officers will be trained with the practical exposure of the various departments i.e. accounting, front office, marketing, and investment, etc.
- After successfully completing the training, the selected candidate is posted as an “Assistant Bank Manager” in any bank branch to handle daily customer interactions and their work like passing a cheque, drafting an insurance policy and management of cash, etc.
- Another responsibility of an SBI PO is to work as a public relations officer and handle customer complaints and address various customer related issues related to the services which are provided by the bank.
Important Dates for SBI PO 2020(Tentative)
|SBI PO 2020 notification||March 2020|
|Starting of the online application||April 2020|
|Admit Card Download for Preliminary||May 2020|
|SBI PO exam date 2020 for Preliminary||June 2020|
|Results for Preliminary Exam||June 2020|
|Admit card for SBI PO Mains||July 2020|
|SBI PO mains exam date||July 2020|
|Mains exam results||August 2020|
|Call Letter for Personal Interview||August 2020|
|Personal Interview activities||September 2020|
|Declaration of the final result||October 2020|
Syllabus for SBI PO 2020
Following is the syllabus for the preliminary exam for SBI PO
|Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language|
|Questions on Logical Reasoning||General Simplification Problems||Comprehension|
|Questions based on Alphabet series||Profit & Loss Problems||Cloze Test problems|
|Order and Ranking Questions||Based on Mixtures & Alligation||Para jumbles questions|
|Data Sufficiency Problems||Basic Mathematics- Simple Interest & Compound Interest||Miscellaneous questions|
|Inequalities related to coding and decoding of words||Time and work problems||Fill in the blanks questions|
|Seating Arrangement problems||Distance and time||Error omission|
|Puzzles||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion|
|Syllogism questions||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage|
|Questions related to Blood Relations||Number System|
|Input-Output||Series and sequences|
|Coding and Decoding||Permutation & Combination and Probability questions|
Following is the syllabus for the Mains exam for SBI PO:-
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||Reasoning||English Language||General/Economy/ Banking Awareness||Computer Aptitude|
|Graphical representation of data||Verbal Reasoning questions||Comprehension||Financial Awareness||Internet and its applications|
|Lines and Graph||Syllogism problems||Basic English Grammar||Latest current affairs||Computer Memory|
|Pie-Chart representation questions||Seating Arrangement related questions||General Vocabulary||General Knowledge questions||Various Keyboard Shortcuts|
|Bar Graph||Linear Seating Arrangement||Verbal Ability||Banking Static Awareness||Various Computer Abbreviations|
|Radar Graphs||Double Lineup problems||Word Association||Banking and Financial Awareness questions||Microsoft Office|
|Missing Case Data interpretation||Scheduling||Sentence Improvement and correction||Computer Hardware|
|Basic data interpretation questions||Input and Output||Para Jumble questions||Computer Software|
|Data Sufficiency questions||Blood Relations questions||Cloze Tests||Basic Computer Fundamentals /Terminologies|
|Probability||Direction and Distance||Spotting errors in sentences||Networking|
|Permutation and Combinations||Order and Rankings||Fill in the blanks||Number System|
|Data Sufficiency||Operating System|
|Coding and Decoding||Basic knowledge of Logic Gates|
|Course of Action|
|Analytical and Decision Making ability questions|
SBI PO 2020 Preliminary Exam Pattern
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type|
|Total number of Questions||A total of 100 questions|
|Maximum Marks||Total of 100 questions|
|Duration of Examination||60 minutes time duration|
|Various Sections in the Exam||3 sections including General English, Mathematics and Reasoning.|
|Marks/Questions in each section||English: 30 questions, Quants: 35 questions and Reasoning: 35 questions|
SBI PO 2020 Mains Exam Pattern
|Type of Question||Objective and Descriptive Both type of question|
|Total Number of Sections||2 (Two)|
|No. of Question in each section||Objective Type : 155 and Descriptive Type: 2|
|Time duration||For Objective type : 3 hours and For Descriptive type: 30 minutes time will be allotted|
|Sections in Objective Paper||A total of 4 sections are there in the exam|
|Marks of Objective Type||Reasoning & Computers: 60 Marks, Data Interpretation: 60 Marks, General Banking and Financial Awareness: 40 Marks and General English: 40 Marks|
|Time Allotted to Each Section||Reasoning and basic computers: 45 minutes, Data Interpretation: 45 minutes, General Banking and Financial Awareness: 40 minutes and Basic English: 40 minutes|
|Sections in the Descriptive part||Letter and Essay writing|
SBI PO 2020 Interview Exam Pattern
|The final stage of SBI PO||GD and Interview Round|
|Total Marks in each section||Group Discussion consists of: 20 marks and Personal Interview for: 30 marks|
Eligibility Criteria for SBI PO
Education Qualifications for Probationary Officer (as on 1st January 2020)-
- Candidates must have completed their graduation in any of the streams from any recognized university.
- Those students who are in the final year for their graduation can also apply for the post.
- Candidates should be between 21 to 30 years of age.
SBI PO online Apply Procedure
- Visit the SBI careers page official website of State Bank of India- https://www.sbi.co.in/web/careers.
- Select the displayed “Recruitment of Probationary officers” link on the website.
- Click on the “Apply Online” link on the website.
- Open the “Click here for new registration” link.
- Enter your basic details asked in the form at the given spaces and click on the “save and next” button.
- A registration number and password will be generated after your basic registration.
- Upload your scanned photograph and signature in the described format on the official notification.
- The next step is to fill-out the personal details, qualification details and other details asked in the form.
- Preview your information carefully before clicking to the final submission of the application.
- Make your payment by the options provided to you.
- E-receipt of application fee will be generated after the final application of the form.
- Take a printout of the application form and e-receipt. Keep it safe for future references.
Application Fee for SBI PO 2020
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the minimum educational qualification for SBI PO?
The minimum qualification for the State Bank of India PO is graduation.
Can final year graduation students apply for SBI PO 2020?
Yes, graduation final year students can apply for SBI PO 2020.
How can we pay the application fee for SBI PO 2020?
The application fee shall be paid through various online payment gateways as a Credit/Debit Card/Net Banking etc.
Is there any negative marking in SBI PO 2020 examination?
Yes, a 1/4th or 0.25 of the mark will be deducted for every wrong answer in the examination.
Table of Content
- 1 Responsibilities of a Probationary Officer in SBI
- 2 Important Dates for SBI PO 2020(Tentative)
- 3 Syllabus for SBI PO 2020
- 4 SBI PO 2020 Preliminary Exam Pattern
- 5 SBI PO online Apply Procedure
- 6 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS