In India, working in any government department is like a dream for anyone in the country. Everyone in India, especially the youth of the country, is preparing for getting into the government department as government jobs are termed as secure as compared to working in others.
With this main benefit of security, government jobs are creating a huge impact on the minds of the youth of the country. Everyone in the country is willing to get a government job and are preparing to get placed in any of the government department. The best example for this is the SBI Clerk which the best way to get a government job in the best and the biggest public sector bank.
SBI Clerk is the best opportunity for a candidate to get into the government job in an easy way. As compared to all the other exams to get a government job SBI Clerk is the best and the great way to get a government job.
Also Read: SBI Clerk Notification
Table of Content
- 1 SBI Clerk
- 2 Exam Syllabus for SBI Clerk
- 3 Eligibility Criteria for SBI Clerk
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
State Bank of India Clerk is an exam organized by the SBI for the recruitment of candidates for Clerical posts for its branches situated in the nation. “State Bank of India Clerk” exam is conducted every year by the world’s largest bank i.e. State Bank of India (SBI). It is one of the most attempted exams as lakhs of candidates appear for the examination.
The SBI “Clerical” or “Junior Assistants” are responsible for all the interactions with the clients and their operations. SBI Clerks are designated as a cashier, a depositor and also for other front office related posts in the bank.
Also Read: SBI PO Recruitment
Why is SBI Clerk a better option for a job?
- SBI is the best brand that everybody wants to work for.
- This job contains a wide variety of rewards.
- The salary is very good for entry-level graduates.
- Best career growth in the next years.
- Job security and stability.
- Better learning perspectives.
Important Dates for SBI Clerk 2020
|Release of the Notification||2nd of January 2020|
|The start date for online application registration||3rd of January 2020|
|Closing date for applications||26th of January 2020|
|Date of issue for admit cards for Preliminary||11th of February 2020|
|Date of Preliminary Exam 2020||22nd February, 29th February, 1st March and 8th March 2020 respectively.|
|Call Letter for SBI Clerk Mains Examination||In the first week of April 2020|
|SBI Clerk Exam Date 2020||19th of April 2020|
|Publishing of the Final Result||June 2020|
Exam Syllabus for SBI Clerk
Syllabus for Arithmetic Aptitude
- Basic Mathematics of class 10th, 11th, and 12th.
- Problems on Profit and Loss
- Number Systems
- Ratios and Proportion
- Speed, Distance and Time
- Clocks and Calendars
- Direction and Distance
- Problems based on ages.
- Interpretation of Data
- Numeric Series
- Blood Relations Puzzles
- Finding Odd one out
- Seating Arrangements
- Direction and Distance problems
- Problems based on Rankings
- Order Arrangements
- Judgments and Conclusions.
- General English Vocabulary
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Formation of Words
- Sentence Completing
- Reading Comprehension
- Detecting Errors
- Cloze Test Puzzles
- Error Omission
- Spellings and Grammar
- Problems based on Idioms and Phrases.
General Knowledge syllabus
- Knowledge about Current Events
- Questions related to Sports
- History of India and the World
- Indian and World Geography
- Different Cultures in India and The Indian Constitution
- Current News related to the Reserve Bank of India(RBI)
- Banking and Financial Awareness
Syllabus for Marketing Awareness
- Basics about Marketing
- Knowledge of various Marketing Strategies
- Segmentation of Market
- Marketing Mix
- Various Stages of Organization
- Brand Advertising and Promotion
- Product Life Cycle Model
- 4 P’s and 4 C’s of Marketing Mix.
Computer Awareness Syllabus
- Basics about the Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of operating systems
- Basic Understanding of Internet and email
- Knowledge of hardware and software.
SBI Junior Assistants Exam pattern
- Basic exam features for Preliminary Exam
|Duration For Exam||60 Minutes|
|Marks awarded for every correct||1 mark|
|Negative Marking||0.20 mark|
- Subjects/Marks allocation for SBI Clerk Preliminary
- Subjects for SBI Junior Assistants Mains Exam
State Bank of India Vacancies For Junior Assistants 2020:
|Categories||Number of Vacancies|
|Economic Weaker Sections||777|
Eligibility Criteria for SBI Clerk
Education Qualifications for Clerk (as on 1st January 2020)
- Candidates must have completed their graduation in any stream from a recognized university.
- Those students who are in the final year for their graduation can also apply for the post.
Age Criteria For SBI Clerk
Candidates who want to apply have to be between 20 to 28 years of age.
Age Relaxation For SBI Clerk
|Category||Age Relaxation as per rule|
|Scheduled Castes||5 years|
|Scheduled Tribes||5 years|
|OBC Category||3 years|
|Widow / Divorced||7 years|
SBI Clerk Apply Online Procedure
- Visit the website of State Bank of India- HTTPS://WWW.SBI.CO.IN/WEB/CAREERS.
- Select the displayed “Recruitment of Junior Associates” link on the website.
- Click on the “Apply Online for Clerk” link on the website.
- Open the “Click here for new registration” link.
- Enter your basic details asked in the form at the given spaces and click on the “save and next” button.
- A registration number and password will be generated after your basic registration.
- Upload your scanned photograph and signature in the described format on the official notification.
- The next step is to fill-out the personal details, qualification details and other details asked in the form.
- Preview your information carefully before clicking to the final submission of the application.
- Make your payment by the options provided to you.
- E-receipt of application fees will be shown on the screen after the final application of the form.
- Take a printout of the application form and electronic-receipt. Kept the form for future needs and references.
Application Fee for SBI Clerk 2020
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum educational qualification for SBI Clerk?
The minimum qualification for the SBI clerk is graduation.
Can final year graduation students apply for the SBI clerk 2020?
Yes, you can apply for SBI Clerk 2020 if you are pursuing it.
Is there any negative marking in SBI junior assistant 2020 exam?
Yes, a 1/4th or 0.25 of the mark will be deducted for every wrong answer in the exam.
What would be the selection procedure for SBI Clerk 2020?
The SBI Clerk examination is divided into 2 phases.
(i) Preliminary Examination
(ii) Main Examination