Table of Content
- 1 WB Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme 2021
- 2 West Bengal Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojana
- 3 Process- (Online Registration) WB Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme 2021
- 4 Background Of WB Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme
WB Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme 2021
The government of West Bengal has launched the Kanyashree Prakalpa scheme. The scheme aims to advance the lives and well-being of girls belonging to the economically lower section of society. The government will assist the girls by providing cash support to complete their secondary or higher secondary education. Do not tie in marriage before the age of 18 due to financial issues. Through this scheme state government will provide an Annual Scholarship (K1) of Rs. 1000 and also One-Time Grant (K2) Rs. 25,000/-.
The WB Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme 2021 provides the Scholarship to unmarried girls aged between 13 to 18 years who are enrolled in class 8th to 12th in government-approved schools. Every girl of the state is eligible to apply for this scheme, and there is no income bar for now. Those who are interested in WB Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme 2021 and want to take benefit of the same can apply by doing an online registration by going through www.wbkanyashree.gov.in
|Name Of Scheme||Wb Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme|
|Started By||West Bengal Government|
|Benefits Of The Scheme||Annual Scholarship (K1)- Rs. 1000|
|Objective||One-Time Grant (K2)- Rs. 25,000/-|
|Beneficiary||Unmarried Girls (13 To 18 Years)|
|Official Website Link||www.wbkanyashree.gov.in|
West Bengal Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojana
While girls are studying in school, it is expected that they would take advantage of the chance to develop skills and information that will enable them to become economically self-sufficient. Even if girls marry soon after turning 18, their education and improved social and emotional development are supposed to provide a better foundation for their married life.
And, as whole generations of women marry only after achieving some level of economic independence, it is envisaged that child marriage will become obsolete, and women would be able to exercise their rights to health, education, and socioeconomic equality.
The West Bengal government has expanded the scope and coverage of the WB Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme. The recipients’ annual family income ceiling has now been relaxed. Now the Bengal government provides financial assistance to all unmarried girls above the age of 13. These incentives will encourage girls to continue in school and postpone marriage until they are 18 years old.
Other West Bengal Articles
|West Bengal Sahayata Kendra 2021 [BSK]|
|West Bengal Didi Ke Bolo Portal|
|West Bengal Marriage Certificate Online Registration|
|West Bengal Karmai Dharma Scheme|
Objective Of WB Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme 2021
Through this Scheme, the government intends to raise the status and standard of the girls by providing cash benefits to-.
- Motivate girls to study regularly and complete 10th or 12th class, or equivalent in technical or vocational streams, improving their economic and social standing.
- Disincentivize marriage until the legal age for the same, that is 18years, hence lowering the chances of early pregnancies, maternal and infant mortality, and other debilitating health issues, such as malnutrition.
- The scheme also determined that it should provide more than simply financial assistance; it should also serve as an empowerment tool for adolescent girls. As a result, the Scheme’s rewards are deposited straight into the girls’ bank accounts, leaving them to decide how to spend the money.
- The initiative also seeks to improve girls’ social power and self-esteem through a focused behavior change communication method to reinforce the beneficial impact of greater schooling and delayed marriages. The communication plan incorporates adolescent-friendly tactics such as events, competitions, Kanyashree groups, and the support of strong female characters as role models to encourage social and psychological empowerment.
Benefit Of WB Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme 2021
|Annual Scholarship (K1)||Rs. 1000|
|One-Time Grant (K2)||Rs. 25,000/-|
- Photo-copy of Parents identity proof
- Birth Certificate issued by appropriate authority
- Disability certificate if any
- Passport size photograph
- Declaration of marital status of girl who intend to apply
Process- (Online Registration) WB Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme 2021
- First of all, open the official portal of Kanyashree.
- Now move towards the menu bar, go to “Intra-Login” and press the “2019-20 onwards” link from the drop-down list.
- After that, you will get the “Intra Kanyashree Login” page; we have shown the same image below.
- It may be noted that girls require to apply for the yojana from their institution as only the admin can log in to the portal.
- After applying successfully, you can Track your application.
- You have to go to the home page and press on the “Track Application” link visible there to track the application.
- After that, you will get the page as shown here.
- You have to select the year, type of the scheme, applicant’s id, and date of birth.
- After entering the said details, hit on the “Submit” button.
- Finally, your application status will appear on your screen.
Background Of WB Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme
Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojna began in the year 2013 to prevent child marriage, principally among the economically disadvantaged. Previously, only those beneficiaries whose total yearly family income was less than or equivalent to Rs. 1.2 lakh were eligible, but now the rules have been changes, and any unmarried girl having age between 13 and 18 years are eligible to get the
All successful applicants between the ages of 13 and 18 will get a scholarship of Rs. 1,000 every year. They will also receive a one-time gift of Rs. 25,000 upon reaching the age of 18 and remaining unmarried for that term. This scheme is now open to everybody and everyone, regardless of family income.
Scholarship Scheme 2021