Of course, a stenographer is a government job in nature and works on behalf of the designated official in its absence. The basic and the most important work of a stenographer is to type the documents of the official and also treat as a bridge between the general public and the government official.
Stenographers are recruited in mostly all the government departments to support the official in its work. Stenographers play a vital role in the writing and publishing of the important documents of various departments.
Table of Content
- 1 Duties of a Stenographer
- 2 SSC Stenographer Examination Pattern 2020
- 3 Steps to apply for SSC Stenographer Examination 2020
- 4 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Duties of a Stenographer
- Speech writing
Writing a speech for the designated government official is the basic and the most important work of a stenographer.
- Press Conference Script Preparation
Stenographers are also used by the various government officials and ministers to prepare the reports they have to use in the press conferences of various departments.
- Assisting Government Officials
The major duties of stenographers in various government offices is to help the designated government official in its work and work for him/her in absence.
- Public Dealings
Stenographers need to make the notes daily of what work was done by the designated official and what to do next.
Important Dates For SSC Stenographer Examination 2020:
|Commencement of filling-up of the form||4th of August 2020|
|Last Date to fill out the form||3rd of September 2020|
|Publish of the Admit Card||October 2020.|
|Date of Exam||December 2020.|
|Publishing of the Answer Key||30 days after the completion of the examination.|
|Typing Test||To be announced.|
|Declaration of the Final Result||Yet To be announced…|
SSC Stenographer Examination Pattern 2020
|TOTAL QUESTIONS||TOTAL MARKS||DURATION OF THE EXAM|
|General Reasoning||50||50||A maximum of 2 hours.|
|Comprehension in English||100||100|
|Total Number of Questions||200||200||120 minutes|
SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2020:
- General and Analytical Reasoning:
- Similarity and Difference.
- Judgment and Conclusion.
- Observation Puzzles.
- Mirror Image.
- Problem Solution.
- Questions based on Decision Making.
- Analytical Reasoning.
- Verbal Reasoning.
- Number Series.
- Alphabetical Series.
- General Awareness and Current Affairs Questions:
- Current Events/ Happenings.
- Our country India and its Neighbouring Countries
- General Science- Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Topics are related to the political knowledge.
- Topics related to Social Sciences.
- General English Syllabus:
- Basic Vocabulary.
- General English Grammer.
- Reading Comprehension.
- Para jumbles.
- Idioms and Phrases.
Recommended Books for the Exam:
- Books recommended for Basic Mathematics:
- Quantitative Aptitude by —-RS AGGARWAL.
- “The Quicker Mathematics” by—– M.Tyra.
- Books for Basic English :
- Grammar – Wren & Martin and Raymond Murphy.
- Vocabulary– Norman Lewis.
- Objective English– RS Aggarwal, Vikas Aggarwal, and SP Bakshi.
- Arihant GK
- Logical Reasoning by- Kiran Publication.
- Effective Reasoning Book by- RS Aggarwal.
Stated Criteria For Eligibility of a Stenographer:
- Candidates allowed must be 10+2 passed or have any other equivalent exam from a recognized board.
- A candidate should be a:
- Respected Citizen of India
- Can be a candidate of Nepal
- Subject of Bhutan
- Or a Tibetan refugee who sought asylum in India before the time of January 1, 1962.
- The ages of the candidates must be between a slab of 18 to 30 years.
Steps to apply for SSC Stenographer Examination 2020
- Visit the official website of Staff Selection Commission – “https://ssc.nic.in/”.
- Go to the “CAREERS” section of the SSC website.
- Click on the link- “APPLY FOR STENOGRAPHER”.
- Fill out the asked details in the form.
- Upload the photos in soft to “PROCEED”.
- Proceed to pay the desired fee for the examination.
- Save the final generated application form for further uses.
How to easily download the “SSC Admit Card” :
- Visit the official website– “https://ssc.nic.in/”.
- Go to the “CIRCULARS” section of the website.
- Find out the official notification for “DOWNLOAD THE ADMIT CARD for the examination”.
- Enter your “LOGIN ID” and “PASSWORD” to enter your account.
- Enter the “UNIQUE REGISTRATION ID” and “DATE OF YOUR BIRTH” to download the admit card.
- Save and Download the issued “ADMIT CARD” and get ready to be prepared for the day of the exam.
How to check SSC Stenographer Result 2020:
- Visit the official website of SSC.
- Visit the link provided on the official website with the purpose to see the SSC Stenographer Result!.
- Please enter your provided Roll Number to search in the provided list of roll numbers in PDF format.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is the SSC Stenographer exam easy?
No, it is not a cup of tea to crack the SSC Stenographer exam as it covers topics that are not easy to get into the merit.
What is the typing speed required for a stenographer?
The speed required for an SSC Stenographer is 300 words per minute.
What is the salary provided to SSC Stenographer after appointment?
The salary of steno is in the pay band of- 5200-20200.
Is there an interview for steno?
No, there is not an interview but just a typing test for the post of stenographer in SSC.
What is the qualification required for an SSC Stenographer?
You have to meet the minimum qualification of 10+2 for applying for the post of Stenographer.