Staff Selection Commission is the premier institute for conducting Combined Graduate Level Exam every year at the national level. SSC CGL shortlist candidates for the B and C group post at different departments or ministries of the government of India. There are many aspirants who have a dream to get selected for the social services with prestigious job designations, Every year almost five to fifteen lakh aspirants fill the application for the staff selection commission exams and very fewer of them selected for government service.
Table of Content
- 1 SSC Recruitment 2020 Exam Procedure
- 2 SSC CGL 2020 exam pattern
- 3 Minimum Qualification Needed
- 4 SSC CGL 2020 event date
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
- 5.0.1 What is the full form of SSC CGL?
- 5.0.2 Is there any penalty in the SSC CGL exam for the wrong answers?
- 5.0.3 Is there any age criteria for the SSC CGL exam?
- 5.0.4 What is the application fee for the SSC CGL exam?
- 5.0.5 Which details are needed to download the admit cards?
- 5.0.6 If I forget to take my admit card to the exam center, can I show them a digital copy or something else to appear in the exam?
- 5.0.7 What should I do if my details on the admit card are incorrect?
SSC CGL In Shorts
|SSC CGL||Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Exam.|
|objectives||Shortlist candidates for the different departments or ministries of the government of India|
|Job description||Offers various posts as a B group and C group officer or staff.|
|Job Location||Throughout India|
|Exam type||National level|
|Website for application submission||www.ssc.nic.in
SSC Recruitment 2020 Exam Procedure
SSC CGL exam is divided into four sections called a tier. Every tier has different time duration and syllabus, the first two tiers ( tier 1 and tier 2) are conducted online on a computer while the third one is descriptive type and it is done only through offline mode, tier 4 is the document verification and selection by interview process which is the final process and it would be affected by the earlier 3 tiers or stages because total marks will be counted in tier four
- Tiers 1: this stage carries 200 marks and an exam conducted on the computer online-test, it is a Multiple Choice Question (MCQs) type exams. After qualifying it you will be eligible for tier 2.
- Tiers 2: this stage carries 100 marks and this is an exam also conducted on the computer online-test, it is a Multiple Choice Question (MCQs) type exams.
- Tiers 3: This stage is the offline based exam and candidates need to do an exam using pen and paper.
- Tiers 4: this is the last stage for the candidate, computer proficiency test and document verification is done in this phase when candidates cleared this tier also he/she allotted the B and C group post as per their performance and their preferences.
SSC CGL 2020 exam pattern
Tier 1 pattern
|Section||Questions||Marks||You need to attempt all the questions in 60 minutes.|
|General knowledge and Reasoning questions test||25||50|
|Current Awareness Test||25||50|
|Quantitative skill test||25||50|
|English comprehensive skill test||25||50|
Tier 2 pattern
|Section||Questions||Marks||You will get 2 hours for each section on the same day.|
|general knowledge test||100||200|
|Quantitative skill test||100||200|
|English comprehensive skill test||200||200|
Tier 3 pattern
|Languages – Hindi/English
essay writing, letter writing, paragraph writing, etc
Note: you will get only one hour for this section.
Tier 4 Pattern
This section comprises of document verification and data entry speed test and computer proficiency test.
Minimum Qualification Needed
- A candidate is required to have passed or been studying in the final year of the graduation from a recognized board by UGC.
- Candidate should not less than 18 years of age and not more than 30 years of age.
- A candidate should be Indian or the subject of Bhutan and Nepal or Tibetan refugee who comes to India before 1962.
SSC CGL 2020 event date
|SSC CGL notification||22 October 2019|
|Online Application||22nd October 2019 to 25th November 2019|
|Tier-I Status Out||from 28th January 2020|
|admit card||20 February 2020|
|Exam Date||2 to 11 March 2020|
|Tier-II & III Admit Card||June 2020|
|Tier-II Exam Date||22 June to 25 June 2020|
|Tier-III Exam Date||22 June to 25 June 2020|
|Tier-IV Exam Date||expected|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the full form of SSC CGL?
SSC CGL is the acronym used for the Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate level exam.
Is there any penalty in the SSC CGL exam for the wrong answers?
Yes, there is a penalty of marks deduction(1/2 marks per question on tier 1,3 and 4 while tier 2 contains the penalty of ¼ marks per question) you should wisely answer the questions.
Is there any age criteria for the SSC CGL exam?
Yes, your age should not be less than 18 years old for appearing in an exam.
What is the application fee for the SSC CGL exam?
The application fee is 100 rs. While for women candidates and reserved categories(such as SC/ST, OBC or other groups or community) are exempted from paying any application fee.
Which details are needed to download the admit cards?
You need to fill your father’s name registration/roll number and date of birth in order to download the admit card.
If I forget to take my admit card to the exam center, can I show them a digital copy or something else to appear in the exam?
No, You could not appear in the exam with the hard copy of admit card, Only printed hard copy of admit card is allowed, nothing else is admissible.
What should I do if my details on the admit card are incorrect?
You should immediately contact the SSC office for the correction of the details.