Staff Selection Commission is India’s one of the examination conducting organizations, SSC recruits over thousands of candidates from all over India, many young candidates prepare for over years to appear in the examination and to pass that examination with good merit so that they can get a good government job. Staff Selection Commission conducts annual examination on the post of constable for the India safety forces like Border Security Forces (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), National Investigation Agency (NIA), Secretariat Security Force (SSF), Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), Rifleman (General Duty) in Assam Rifles, Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
So on all the above-mentioned post-SSC examines the post of constable, in case any candidate looking for the constable post they can apply through SSC and they can surely get the job in this above-mentioned security forces. In this article, we will tell you the SSC GD 2020 Examination syllabus so that can you can prepare yourself for all the stages of examination whether it is of written examination or the physical one, with the syllabus of the SSC GD 2020 Examination you can get all the details and subjects that are asked in the examination and it can help you to prepare according to it.
Also Read: SSC GD Admit Card
The SSC GD 2020 Examination consists of four Stages that are mentioned below accordingly.
- Computer-Based Examination (CBE)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Detailed Medical Examination (DME)
- There is no negative marking in case you tick any wrong answer.
- The only medium to submit your SSC GD 2020 Examination is only online.
Table of Content
- 1 SSC GD Exam Syllabus
- 2 SSC GD 2020 Examination Pattern
- 3 SSC GD Computer Based Examination (CBE) Syllabus
- 4 Question wise weightage in SSC GD Examination
- 5 Frequently Asked Question
SSC GD Exam Syllabus
The syllabus is an important part of any examination whether it is conducted by SSC or not because with the help of the syllabus you know about the topics and subjects that are asked in the Examination and after knowing all the details and topics coming in the examination you can prepare yourself for it. In this article, we will tell you the syllabus of the SSC GD 2020 Examination and the SSC GD 2020 Examination Syllabus so that it would help you in your examination.
SSC GD 2020 Examination Pattern
The examination pattern is also an important element of any examination that a candidate should know before appearing in the examination. We have shown the SSC GD 2020 examination pattern with the examination stages plus defining each stage thoroughly.
The SSC GD Examination comprises four stages, that are mentioned below by describing them all.
- Computer-Based Examination (CBE) – This is an online computer-based Examination which is conducted on the computer. This is the objective type examination in which for every question there would be four suggested answers, the candidate will have to choose the right answer and then he/she has to tick on the right answer with the help of a mouse. This examination syllabus is divided into two four parts i.e this examination will consist of four subjects which are mentioned below.
- General intelligence and reasoning
- General Awareness and General knowledge
- Elementary mathematics
- Language Hindi/English
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET) – This is the second stage of the SSC GD Examination as to reach on the second stage the candidates needs to clear the first stage of examination that is a computer-based examination, after clearing computer-based examination the candidate will get shortlisted based on merit and the shortlisted will give the physical efficiency test and based on height, weight and race they will get selected for the further stage that is a physical standard test. The physical efficiency test is based on the following criteria.
- For male candidates: 5 km Race in 24 minutes
- For female candidates: 1.6 km Race in 8.5 minutes
Candidates belong to Ladakh regions need to follow the following criteria
- For male candidates: 1 mile in 6.5 minutes
- For female candidates: 800 meters in 4 minutes
- The candidates belonging to the ex-servicemen category will appear directly for Physical efficiency test/physical standard test after clearing computer-based examination and they have to give measurements of height, chest, weight only. But they have to clear the detailed medical examination (DME).
- Physical Standard Examination (PSE) – With the help of a table we have shown the factors on which the clearing of physical standard examination is based. The physical standard examination is based on three factors which are as follows.
|Category||Physical Measurements in centimeters||Male||Female|
|General/SC/OBC||Weight||The proportion of height and age as per medical examination rules||The proportion of height and age as per medical examination rules|
- Detailed Medical Examination (DME) – After clearing the physical efficiency test the shortlisted candidate will have to appear in the Detailed medical examination on which the candidates are medically examined by the medical board constituted by CAPF’s. To check the candidates are fit on Detailed medical examination, the candidates have to clear the examination which is based on two factors which are mentioned below.
- Medical Fitness
The criteria are being set by the medical board constituted by the CAPF’s with the help of a table where we have explained all the criteria that come under detailed medical examination.
|Near vision||Near vision||Distant out||Distant out||Refraction||Color vision||Remark|
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|
|N6||N9||6/6||6/9||Visual correction is not allowed with glasses also||CP-3 by
|For a right-handed person, the right is eye is better and vice versa|
SSC GD Examination pattern overview
With the help of a table, we have shown all overview of the SSC GD examination
|Examination||SSC GD 2020 Examination|
|No of Stages||Four stages|
|Name of Stages||
|Duration of online examination||90 minutes|
|Exam language||English / Hindi|
|Online examination max marks||100 Marks|
|Types of examination||CBE – online Examination
|Online examination types of question||Objective|
|Negative marking||There is no negative marking in SSC GD Examination|
SSC GD Computer Based Examination (CBE) Syllabus
The first stage of SSC GD Examination is a computer-based objective examination comprising objective type questions so you need to tick the right answer for every question. The subject that comes under Computer Based Examination is shown with the help of a table
|Part Name||Name of Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|Part A||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||25|
|Part B||General Knowledge and General Awareness||25||25|
|Part C||Elementary Mathematics||25||25|
|Part D||English/ Hindi||25||25|
The SSC GD examination is conducted in two languages i.e Hindi/English so you can read the question according to your most preferred language and can answer the question.
A detailed explanation of Computer Based Examination Syllabus
We have described all the sections of SSC GD examination computer-based online examinations, and the topics that come under CBE examination we have mentioned all the topics of all the stages below.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning – The General intelligence and reasoning consist of both verbal and nonverbal types questions, this test is taken by the board to test the candidates analytical and logical skills plus to check the thinking ability of the candidates, following are the topics that come under General intelligence and reasoning section.
- Arithmetic Number Series
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Figural Classification
- Non-verbal Series
- Relationship Concepts
- Similarities and Differences
- Spatial Orientation
- Spatial Visualization
- Visual Memory
- General knowledge and General Awareness – This exam is conducted to check the candidate’s general awareness and the day to day life news and updates also to check the activeness of the candidates. The question asked in this section is based on the life revolving around the candidates and the current environment, The following are the topics that may come under the General Knowledge and General Awareness section.
- Economic Scene
- General Polity
- Indian Constitution
- Scientific Research
- Elementary Mathematics – This section is to check the candidate’s high school level mathematics knowledge, this section consists of the following topics.
- Computation of Whole Numbers
- Decimals and Fractions
- Fundamental Arithmetical Operations
- Number Systems
- Profit and Loss
- Ratio and Proportion
- Ratio and Time
- Relationship between Numbers
- Time and Distance
- Time and Work
Question wise weightage in SSC GD Examination
Question wise weightage is SSC GD Examination is shown with the help of the table.
|Name of Section||Name of Topics||Number of Questions|
|General Knowledge and General Awareness||
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||
Frequently Asked Question
How many stages are there in the SSC GD Examination?
There are four Stages in SSC GD Examination.
What are the names of SSC GD Examination stages?
Computer-Based Examination (CBE), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Physical Standard Test (PST), Detailed Medical Examination (DME)
What are the sections that come under the SSC GD CBE examination?
English/ Hindi, General Knowledge and General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, General Intelligence, and Reasoning.
What is the time duration of the CBE online examination?
The time duration of the Computer Based online examination is 90 minutes.