Every year Staff Selection Commission Conducts the Recruitment examination for SSC CPO (Central police organization) to recruit the best candidates for the post of sub-inspector. the Recruitment board of Central Central police organization (CPO) which is called SSC had recently released a notification for the vacancies of the post of sub-inspector in SSC CPO 2020. Those candidates who will be selected from this recruitment process will be selected for the post as following Sub Inspector in CAPFs, Inspector posts and Sub Inspector Posts in CISF, Sub Inspector in Delhi Police, Assistant Sub Inspector in CISF.
It is important to know that the total number of vacancies for the SSC CPO in the recruitment process is also high this year. as compared to last year’s number vacancies have been increased. So, those candidates who are preparing for this examination have a better chance to get selected this year.
The official notification for SSC CPO will be released on 17 April 2020, this notification will be released on SSC official website. the closing date to apply online for the application form of the recruitment of SSC CPO is 16 May 2020. It is better for the candidates and it is advisable for those candidates who want to apply for this exam, that they should fill this application form before 16 May 2020 as it is not confirmed yet that the closing date will be extended after the above-mentioned closing date.
So, as soon as the recruitment process starts i.e the option to apply online for this examination is available, the aspirants who want to give this examination should fill the application form as soon as possible.
Also Read: SSC CPO Syllabus
Important details about SSC CPO 2020
|Examination Name||SSC Central police organization (CPO)|
|Name of the Post||Sub-inspector in SSC CPO|
|Total no. of vacancies||Approximately 2745|
|Frequency of CPO Exam||In one year this exam is conducted only one time|
|Education qualification which is required||Those aspirants who want to apply online must have a graduation degree from a government recognized University or deemed to be a university by an act of the government of India or government of the state.,|
|Limit of age for Sub Inspector post||The Minimum age which is required for the candidate should be 20 and the maximum age which is required for the candidate allowed for this post is 25.|
|The required fee for application Sub-inspector||The fee for the application is rs 100.|
|Various level for selecting a candidate for the given post||The very starting stage is a written exam, then the 2nd stage Physical test and A last, face to face round for the interview is conducted.|
|When Admit card will be available on its official website.||the admit card for this examination is released only some weeks before when the examination is held. Admit cards will be released by staff selection commission on its official website.|
|Is it possible to withdraw the application form after submitting it on the official website?||Yes, it is possible to withdraw the application form even when you have submitted the application form online.|
|Mode of application for which an aspirant should apply||Only online mode is allowed for SSC CPO Apply Online|
|Gender||Males and females both are allowed to apply for this examination|
|The official website to apply online for this examination||https://ssc.nic.in/|
Total number of vacancies released by SSC for SSC CPO Apply Online
As per the official notification released by SSC for the examination of Central police organization The total number of vacancies this post is 2745. It is important to note that the number of vacancies this year has increased from last year, so there is a greater chance for all the applications who are preparing for this examination to get selected this year than last year. you can easily see more details regarding the vacancies in Central police organization (CPO) which is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission below:
|S.No||Name of the Posts||Total number of Vacancies|
|1||Sub-Inspector SI post in Delhi Police (Male)||132|
|2||Sub-Inspector SI post in Central Armed Police Forces||2534|
|3||Sub-Inspector SI post in Delhi Police (Female)||79|
|Sum of all Vacancy||2745 vacancies|
It is also important to note that those aspirants who are applying for the post of Sub Inspector in Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) and Assistant Sub Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) if get selected by this recruitment procedure then they can be appointed anywhere in India and they will have to serve their duty anywhere in India.
those aspirants who are interested to apply for this CPO examination and easily Meeting the required eligibility conditions, it is better for them to apply before 16th May 2020 for the post of Sub Inspector in Central Armed Police Force (CAPF), Inspector posts and Sub Inspector Posts in Central industrial security force (CISF), Sub Inspector in Delhi Police (DP), Assistant Sub Inspector in Central industrial security force (CISF).
As soon as the recruitment process starts, the applicants should start preparing for this examination as soon as possible. It is important to note that the selection of all the aspirants at each level of examination which is the first written test, second is a test for physical fitness and finally, at last face to face round which is also called interview round will be purely provisional and subject to conditions.
Also Read: SSC CPO Admit Card
Eligibility Criteria for SSC CPO (Central Police Organization)
If any candidate wants to get selected for the above-mentioned post in CPO, then that candidate must have to satisfy certain eligibility conditions, So that they get finally selected by this recruitment process. These certain conditions are mandatory and required for every candidate who is applying for this job. It is possible that some candidates will not satisfy all the eligibility conditions then they should not apply for this recruitment of CPO because finally they will not be selected and will be rejected for that particular eligibility condition.
- Nationality of the Applicant applying online:
The candidate who is preparing for this examination and have applied for this examination must be a citizen of India to get selected for this recruitment process. an applicant who is not a citizen of India then that particular candidate does not satisfy the eligibility conditions of nationality that are required by the recruitment process to get selected in Central police organization (CPO) which is conducted by Staff Selection Commission except that the central government or state government has given in writing as per the law of the nation.
- Applicants Gender:
Both males and females are eligible to apply for the post of Sub Inspector and Assistant Sub Inspector in CISF and Delhi police in Central police organization. It is important to note that there are no conditions on a female candidate that limits their candidature for the post of Sub Inspector and Assistant Sub Inspector in CISF and Delhi police in Central police organization. You can also note that this Year the recruitment body for CPO which is known as Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has also increased the total number of vacancies for the female applicants in the Central police organization.
- Required Qualification of education for the applicant:
You should keep in mind that there is also required education qualification that is very essential for each so that he/she does get rejected because of this reason from this examination. The applicant should satisfy every eligibility of the education qualification conditions so that the applicant can easily apply for the SSC CPO.
- As per the official notification of the Staff Selection Commission on its official website, then those applicants who are applying online for this examination should hold a graduation degree from a University that is recognized by the Government of India. Also, there must be an act or law passed by the government of India or the government of the state so that these universities are incorporated.
- The notification which is published by the Staff Service Commission (SSC) also reads that those educational establishments who get established by an act of parliament of India which are enacted by the government of India in the year 1956 are also eligible for this examination. It implies that those applicants who have graduated from the above-mentioned educational universities and establishments are also allowed to online apply for this post.
- If an applicant does not get the result of the examination and that particular applicant has appeared in the exam which is qualifying in nature, then he/ she is also eligible to apply online for the recruitment process. It is also an important point to note that the selection of that applicant is purely provisional if he/she is not able to give proof of passing the examination when he /she has cleared the recruitment examination of the SSC CPO Apply online.
- Limitation on the age of the candidate for the Staff selection commission (SSC) CPO
- Staff selection commission has released the notification according to which those applicants who want to join the central police organization must have attained a minimum age of 20 years. The maximum age of the applicants who are eligible to apply online for the above-mentioned examination is 25. You can also note that the applicants who belong to a category of Scheduled caste/Scheduled Tribe, for such candidates the maximum age that will be relaxed will also be increased by 5 years of maximum.
- If a particular applicant belongs to the caste of Other backward class (OBC), Then, for such candidates, the maximum age for which these particular candidates will get age relaxation is 3 years maximum as per the rules enacted by the parliament of India.
- As per the notification of Staff selection, the applicants who want to apply for this examination must be a citizen of India and also Male and female both are allowed to give the examination of SSC CPO.
|Applicants category||Relaxation in age|
|Candidate belonging to Schedule category or scheduled tribe||5 years of relaxation on the age limit set for the general category.|
|Candidate belonging to Other backward class(OBC)||3 years of relaxation on the age limit set for the general category.|
|Candidate belonging to Jammu & Kashmir
during the year
01 011980 to
3112 1989 (Unreserved)
|5 years on the age limit set for the general category.|
|Candidate belonging to Jammu & Kashmir
during the year
01 011980 to
3112 1989 (Other backward class)
|8 years on the age limit set for the general category.|
Any candidate who is satisfying every condition of the age limit for SSC CPO 2020 which are in very detail mentioned above, Then, in that case, all those candidates can apply for the post of SSC CPO recruitment process as soon as the application form for this examination starts. It is important to note that those applicants who are not eligible for any condition of eligibility, then those applicants should not apply for this examination.
SSC CPO Exam Pattern
The exam of SSC CPO contains multiple-choice questions i.e MCQs. These questions Are available in two languages namely English and Hindi. It is also an important point to note that the Candidate has marked the wrong question then there will be negative marking in the Evaluation of the exam given by that candidate. The penalty for giving the wrong answer Is 0.25 marks. The Recruitment process includes the levels of examination as mentioned below:
SSC CPO Exam Pattern for Paper 1 is given below:
This exam pattern contains four subjects: General awareness, General Knowledge, Quant Aptitude(Quant), Comprehension in the English language. The total number of questions that will be asked in this examination is 200. and the maximum allotted marks are also 200, these 200 marks are equally divided into four subjects that are mentioned above. The total duration of the exam is set to be 2 hours.
|S.No||Name of the Subject||Total no. of Questions||Allotted maximum Marks||Total Duration of the exam|
|1||General awareness and reasoning questions||50||50||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|2||General Knowledge questions||50||50|
|3||Quant Aptitude(Quant) questions||50||50|
|4||Comprehensions in English language questions||50||50|
Physical endurance test or test for physical ability:
|Applicants category||Height of the applicant||Chest of the candidate|
|Unexpanded chest||Expanded chest|
|The male candidate who is belonging to the general category||170||80||85|
|Candidate Belonging to North East & Sikkim
Hilly regions & areas of Jammu and Kashmir
|A candidate who belongs to Scheduled Tribes caste||162.5||77||82|
|Female candidate who is belonging to the general category||157||No value||No value|
|Candidate Belonging to North East & Sikkim
Hilly regions & areas of Jammu and Kashmir
|155||No value||No value|
|A candidate who belongs to Scheduled Tribes caste||154||No value||No value|
Physical standard test details of SSC CPO 2020
If a candidate is a male candidate:
- The candidate has to finish the 1600 meters race in 6.5 Minutes to qualify the Physical standard test.
- Candidate has to finish a 100 meters race in 16 seconds to qualify the Physical standard test.
- Candidate has to finish about 4.5 meters of Short put and the candidate will be given 3 attempts to clear this test. If he Fails to clear this test in three attempts, then that particular candidate will be rejected.
- Candidate has to finish about 1.2 meters of High jump and that candidate will be given 3 attempts to clear this test. If he is not able to clear this test in three attempts, then the candidature of that particular candidate will be rejected immediately from SSC CPO.
- Aspirants have to finish about 3.65 meters of long jump and that candidate will be given 5 attempts to clear this High jump test. If he is not able to clear this test in Five attempts, then, in that case, the candidature of that particular candidate will be rejected immediately.
If a candidate is a female candidate:
- The applicant has to finish the 800 meters race in 4 Minutes to qualify the test of Physical standard test.
- The applicant has to finish a 100 meters race in 18 seconds so that she can qualify the Physical standard test (Physical endurance test).
- The applicant will be given 3 attempts to finish about 4.5 meters of Short put to clear this test. If she Fails to clear this test of short put in three attempts, then that particular candidate will be rejected.
- The applicant has to finish 0.9 meters of High jump and that candidate will be given 3 attempts to clear this test. If she is not able to clear this test of high jump in three attempts, then the candidature of that particular female candidate will be rejected immediately and she will not get selected in the SSC CPO Apply Online.
- Aspirants have to finish about 2.7 meters of long jump and that female candidate will be given 5 attempts to qualify this high jump test. If she is not able to qualify this test of high in Five attempts, then, in this case, the candidature of that particular female candidate will be rejected immediately and she will not get selected for Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Central police organization (CPO).
Medical test details of SSC CPO 2020
A test of medical fitness will also be conducted for the post in the Central police organization which is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission. Every medical eligibility is described in details below which is as follows:
- The candidate who wants to qualify the medical test Should not have knocked Knee if he\she wants to qualify the exam.
- The applicant who wants to qualify the medical test must not have Squint in eyes, otherwise, he\she will be rejected.
- The candidate who wants to qualify the medical test must not have a varicose vein, otherwise, he\she will not get selected in the recruitment process of SSC CPO.
- The minimum near vision of the candidate should be N6 for better eye and candidates should have N9 in the worst eye case. a candidate must have to satisfy this condition to get selected in the recruitment process.
- Candidates must have normal vision without wearing glasses to qualify the medical test of SSC CPO.
Frequently Asked Questions
For the examination of SSC CPO 200, what is the application fee to be given in the application form?
The application fee for SSC CPO is Rs.100/-.
What is the closing date to apply online SSC CPO?
The closing date to apply online for SSC CPO is 16 May 2020.
What is the penalty for wrong answers?
The penalty for wrong answers is 0.25.
How much time is required to fill the application form for SSC CPO?
The application form of SSC CPO will be filled in 20 to 25 minutes.